I’m Erin Dorney, a 28 year old writer and information professional. I am passionate about words, information, coffee, design, and conversations. I’m a member of the Editorial Board of In the Library with the Lead Pipe, an award-winning peer-reviewed journal improving library communities worldwide. I’m also a Director-at-Large on the Pennsylvania Library Association Board of Directors and blog for Fig Lancaster at Smoldering Quiet: Lancaster City Lit. Welcome to my blog!
about this blog
- Frequency: One post/week (no promises, though!)
- Content: Higher education/library news and updates; Product reviews; Personal news and updates; Creative design solutions
- Why I blog:
- To establish my online identity In the words of jenica rogers, “…the only way to have an internet presence you can be proud of is to control it. One way to control it is to create it.” I blog as a natural digital extension of my personality.
- To inspire, inform, and encourage Some of my most supportive personal and professional relationships began online. The creative and collaborative possibilities are endless, and I hope to give back just a bit to my network.
- As a form of reflective practice “Understanding how they frame situations and ideas helps professionals to achieve greater flexibility and increase their capacity of conceptual innovation” (MIT OpenCourseWare). Also see Discovering reflective practice.
- Because I love to write & publish I have been writing since I was a kid and the web has helped me share words with the world at the tap of a finger. I love being in control of my content, making editorial and design decisions, and having no one to blame but myself when I click “Publish” too hastily.
librarian fancy pants
Erin Dorney is currently the Outreach Librarian at the Francine G. McNairy Library and Learning Forum at Millersville University (PA), where she is responsible for coordinating library marketing communications. She is a member of the 2009 ALA Emerging Leaders class and holds an MA in English Creative Writing from West Chester University (2012), a MLIS & CAS-DL from Syracuse University (2008) and a dual BA in Communication/Journalism & English from St. John Fisher College (2006).
writer fancy pants
Erin Dorney is from upstate New York and currently lives in Pennsylvania. Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in Birdfeast Magazine, Curio Poetry, and elsewhere. Erin received her BA from St. John Fisher College and her MA from West Chester University. You can learn more about her at http://erindorney.com.
press + other fun stuff
ACRL 2013 coverage for Librarian Wardrobe
featured on Librarian Wardrobe
guest post on Law Librarians of Puget Sound
interview on Syracuse University’s Information Space
interview on INALJ (I Need a Library Job)
guest post on ACRLog
guest post on the Pennsylvania Library Association’s It’s Academic (3)
guest post on the Pennsylvania Library Association’s It’s Academic (2)
guest post on the Pennsylvania Library Association’s It’s Academic (1)